Trail Adoption Program
Do you love the trails at Mont Ste Marie? Do you have a favourite trail? Is it looking a little worse for wear?
As the trail network expands – and we are working hard at expanding it – the maintenance requirements increase as well. In order to keep up with the required maintenance we are looking for volunteer leads to take ‘ownership’ of a trail to keep them in pristine shape.
Trail Adopters should:
- Keep the trail clear of trees through trimming and removing of dead fall
- Rake it once or twice a year to help keep the trail dry – you will have access to Velo MSM leaf blowers
- Do some light trail work to fix chronically wet sections – some tools are available for use, please request in advance
- I don’t have any experience doing trail work?
- Not a problem! Experienced Velo MSM trail builders will be more than happy to guide you through the ramp up process
- I would like to do more than just maintain the trail! I want to reroute or fix an unsustainable section, can I do that?
- Yes, all that we ask is that you bring your proposal to the Velo board to ensure that it does not conflict with future projects in the planning stage.
Use the form below to register as a possible trail adopter. We will work with you to get started. Trails to be adopted will be selected on a first come first serve basis. For longer trails, we may have more than one adopter.
Make It Great - Donate!
The Velo MSM trails are funded through donations, grants and other fundraising activities. Velo MSM as a wing of Club Mont Ste Marie is a completely not for profit organization. In order to continue development of the trails we need your help! Financial and labour contributions will ensure that the Velo MSM trails continue their progression as the best in the region!